Saturday, September 25, 2010

Surf Art


We see art everywhere when we go on vacation.  The cheezy "touristy" kind that you think is an original piece till you walk into the next store that has them.  Seems like a good idea at the time, but when you bring it home, it seems like such a hasstle to get them framed and put up in your house.

Sound familiar?  Then you are exactly like us! =)  It's easy to get caught up in the beauty of the country you are visiting.  Each and everyone of us want to bring back the essence of the culture and scenery and put a little touch in our home to remind us of it.  In my personal opinion,a paintings or renderings that want to capture the feeling of the beach should be soft, fluid and vibrant.  When looking at it, it should bring back that feeling of happiness and relaxation you felt when you were there experiencing it.

To me there are plenty of beach or surf artists out there that do an amazing job.  My favorite out of all of them, is Jay Alders.

I don't know exactly how I found him, but when I did, I was absolutely blown away.  I have to admit I still have to buy a Jay Alders piece, but the reason I haven't bought one is because I can't pick ONE print.  I am close to finding it though and when I do, I will stare at it every morning when the Canadian winter hits to remind me that somewhere out there, the sun is still shining.

No comments: